Nosmesa Labour Solutions was established in 1999 and is the leader in assisting employers with regards to all labour related matters. We are available to our clients 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Nosmesa ensures that you comply to procedures in order to minimizing your risk against costly CCMA awards. Our ultimate goal is to provide our clients with top quality services to establish positive relations and credibility between us and all external customers.
For business owners to operate within the law, they require in-depth and on-going knowledge of the full spectrum of new and existing Labour, Employment Equity, Skills Development and Occupational Health and Safety laws. This kind of knowledge requires not only an advisor; it requires an advisor who specialises in Labour Employment Equity, Skills Development and Occupational Health and Safety. Nosmesa has a team of specialist labour Employment Equity, Skills Development and Occupational Health and Safety advisors, as well as a full-time legal research team, dedicated to our clients' business.
- Representation at the CCMA and Bargaining Council
- Full CCMA representation for employers
- Professional advice and representation at disciplinary hearings
- Insurance – Together with a FSB registered Financial Advisor we offer advice on all matters relating insurance, dealing with companies like Discovery, Liberty , Sanlam, PPS , Allan Gray and various others.
- Short term assurance – Our partners are contracted specialist brokers who advises on personal, industry and agriculture assurance.
- Asset Finance – Together with a specialist funding company we facilitate the process of all asset finance for both agriculture and all industry.
Employment Equity Act
Every designated employer is required to design and implement an employment Equity plan.
The purpose of the Employment Equity plan is to enable the employer "to achieve reasonable progress towards Employment Equity", to assist in eliminating unfair discrimination in the workplace, and to achieve equitable representation of employees from designated groups by means of affirmative action measures.
The Amendments prescribe stiff penalties to non-compliant employers.
In terms of the Skills Development Levies Act all organisations in South Africa with a payroll exceeding R500,000 per annum must pay a 1% Skills Development Tax on their payroll.
In terms of the act, you may claim back a % of this Skills Development Tax if:
- You have paid the SDL tax; and
- You provide approved training to employees in the organisation either internally or externally.
For a small fee, we are there to assist you in compiling your ATR/ WSP Reports. These reports can also be used when complying with the B-BBEE Act.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY SERVICES
We offer the following:
Policies & Procedures – specific for your Company Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA)Safety, Health & Environmental Management Programme (SHEMP)Monitoring and Measurement Plan of the Risk Assessment Management Systems – PDCA Cycle (Plan, Do, Check, Act)PDCA Cycle consist of the following:
(Establish the objectives and processes necessary to deliver results in accordance with customer requirements and the organisation’s policies)
- She Policy
- Legal Requirements
- Process Mapping
- Quality Planning
- Hazard Identification
- Risk Assessment
(Implement the process)
- Structure & Responsibility
- Documentation & Doc. Control
- Operational Control – SHEQ
- Emergency Planning & Response
- Record Keeping
(Monitor and measure processes and product against policies, objectives and requirements for the product and report the results)
- Monitoring & Measurement
- Accidents & Incidents
- NC, CA & PA
(Take actions to continually improve process performance)
- Management Review